Sunday, July 12, 2009

Love and Weddings

Hey everyone!
I am absolutely exhausted after a fabulously awesome day! I've just gotten home from my cousin's wedding and I am still overcome by what love can achieve. I am so proud of my big cousin and his beautiful bride, they are absolutely perfect for each other. I cannot think of a more perfect pair.
My cousin has grown from a little mischievous trouble maker into a doctor with a PhD who researches brain functions at a university and now into a happy man with a beautiful, smart wife by his side. I am so proud of him and I think that ever since he met Fiona (his now wife) he has become more comfortable with himself and with his family. I certainly feel more comfortable around him.
And what can I say about Fiona?
She is the most beautiful girl I have ever met and is absolutely perfect for Tim. The pair of them fit each other so wonderfully. They're almost like puzzle pieces, in a field where one has shortcomings the other strives and vice versa. It's so beautiful to see that two people have found their perfect soulmates and I know that they will be happy together forever.
The ceremony was beautiful, it started at 11:00am in Newstead Park in the city by the river. It was held directly beside the river and was very romantic and informal. It was so beautiful that I almost began to cry and Mum certainly did! After that we hung around the park and talked to the hundreds of relatives that had come from all around Australia and the world (we had some from London and China) for this one wedding!
Then at 12:30 we all moved to the Allan Border Pavillion at the Allan Border fields for the reception. We had pre-lunch drinks until about 1:30 when we were moved into a proper large dining area and let me tell you it was just like a posh wedding reception! It was gorgeous, the chairs had white almost sheet like things over them with large gold ribbons tied at the back of them. We had an entree at about 2:15 and then our main meal which was of salmon and some form of sauce, all beautifully presented, of course. Then there were some wonderful speeches, from Fiona's father, Tim's father and the Best Man. The speeches were so wonderful I was almost moved to tears. The idea that so many people from so many corners of the world came together to celebrate love has made me realise that love is one of the most powerful things in the world, even though I already kind of knew that. Tim's speech was wonderful, so romantic, he continued to complete his new wife and her beauty and everything about her and it was wonderful, so wonderful! I was almost crying, I just hope that someday my wedding will be as beautiful and as moving as this one. It was truly a joyous occasion. I loved it.
Then Tim and Fiona cut their wedding cake, and we all had a piece. It was lovely, there were toasts (I had non-alcoholic wine) and everyone honoured the new bride and groom. I felt so happy for them, it was wonderful. Finally they shared their first dance as husband and wife, it was so beautiful. Tim looked so nervous but Fiona soon put him at ease and they moved together as one, which was so sweet and romantic. Soon there was lots of talking and dancing going on and finally our family (Mum, Dad, Nick and I) left at 6:00pm after a very long day.
And now I'm here, reflecting on it all and how proud I am of my cousin and his wife. They deserve every happiness in the world, they deserve everything, they deserve perfection.
Love is the best thing in the world, it brings people together, and when two people find each other and realise that they are soulmates it is the most amazing thing you will ever see. I am proud to have witnessed the union of two wonderful people, I am so proud and happy.
I don't think I will ever forget the Best Man's words, the best part of his speech I think: 'Tim came into work one morning with this stupid grin on his face, so, because I'm a grumpy old bugger and his happiness was pissing me off I asked him what had happened. And he said: Last night I kissed my flatmate.'
That's how it all began. This wonderful love that Tim and Fiona share, it started with a simple kiss and ended with a wedding. But it didn't really end, it's more like the beginning. The true beginning of their love and life together.
I'm so excited for them.
Love is beautiful and so are weddings!
Love you all!
Jess.

3 comments:

Hes-all-mine said...

NAWWWW.

Just reading about this made me sigh and feel better about the world.

I hope they're happy together for the rest of their lives.

It's great that you had fun, and you mentioned crying/ the word wonderful, at least 10 times EACH.

:]

Congrats on your cousin and his new wife :]

Tty tomorrow...

AT SCHOOL.

Love you, Jess.

Jess said...

:) Weddings are truly a blessing. The day in itself made ME feel better about the world as well.
I'm sure they will be happy forever. They are off to Mount Buffalo tomorrow for a week of skiing :D
Ha ha, goodness I did mention those words quite a few times, didn't I? Poor me, I really need to increase my vocabulary.
Tty tomorrow, at school. OMG! Holidays are over already :(
Looking forward to seeing you.
Love you Amy.

Kit_Kat said...

hey Jess

what a long post jess, but its nice to here about the wedding.

See Ya Tuesday.

KOOL KAT

P.S. I am having Monday off school i am still sick but if i have monday off and go on tuesday i might be better for school.