Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 is HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there everyone!
Well it's finally happened.....We have finally left 2008 behind us as of 12:00 midnight last night!
IT IS NOW OFFICALLY 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
It's a chance to start fresh, I hope you guys are all planning your New Year's Resolutions with expert precision. I sure have been planning mine!
I had the best New Year's Eve ever!!!!!!! We went up to my Uncle Trevor's house, arriving at about 10:30.
We had lunch at 11:30 and then Uncle Trev and Dad went off to have a game of golf (they're absolutely nuts, it was boiling outside!) Mum, Nick and I then went off to Springbrook which is part of the Lamington National Park (a massive collection of rainforests up the coast of Queensland)
We drove up a terribly curving road, it just kept winding around and around the hill going higher and higher and higher!
We finally got to the top and walked a short distance to the 'Best of All' lookout. The view from there was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You could see the coast so clearly and you could see Mount Warning and everything! I read the sign and discovered that the lookout was actually built on an eroded volcano! I was standing on a volcano! It was incredible, I still can't get over it!
So then we walked back to the car and drove a little further to the start of the 'Twin Falls Circuit.' The Twin Falls Circuit is a walk that takes you through the rainforest, through caves and everything, and all the way to these incredible waterfalls, there are two of them coincidently, he he! You get to walk behind the falls, the spray hits you and it is so deliciously cold, wonderful.
The walk was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The rock that made the caves felt so soft and gentle, yet it was built so strongly, what am I talking about? Built? How can a cave be built? It is made by Mother Nature but it looked as though it had been made by an architect! We walked past the most magnificent plants, so lush and green. We walked past this lizard three times! It was pure black and didn't seem to be scared of people at all! We got so many photos of it, it seemed to be saying: "Where do you want me?" It was hilarious!
But the most magnificent thing of all was when we got to the Twin Falls! The water was ice cold but when we walked directly behind them, it felt magical, as though you were entering a different world. If you have seen Bridge to Terebithia you will know what I am talking about, it felt and looked exactly like that!
When we passed around the side of the waterfalls we walked along a concrete bridge which was so close to the lake where the waterfalls emptied into that you could touch the water.
Ah, let me tell you about the lake. It was full of the most wonderfully coloured water you have ever seen. It wasn't just blue, it carried so many different colours in it, it was beautiful. I bent down and touched the water, it was like ice! So freezing cold!
Anyway, the walk was the most amazing way to finish off 2008!
When we got back home, we waited for Uncle Trev and Dad to get home. Then we all had dinner, played a board game (Spicks and Specks if you are wondering) then Nick and I had an argument about whether to watch Hot Fuzz (One of Nick's fav DVD's) or Get Smart (one of my fav DVD's. In the end I let Nick have his way and we watched Hot Fuzz, much to my annoyance.
However I was surprised, it was brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Funny, yet touching and even frightening in a few parts! Oh and the main character was very cute....Though nothing compared to my object of affection....He he! They actually look rather similar!
But the movie finished at 11:00 so I suggested we start watching Get Smart. We watched about half the movie then we switched over to Channel Ten and watched the countdown and the fireworks...
However this year we didn't shout out Happy New Year, we gave each other hugs and whispered Happy New Year in each other's ears instead, it felt a lot more personal and family orientated. We then watched the fireworks before deciding to finish watching Get Smart.
So in the end I only got to bed at 1:30, it was great though I am now so exhausted!
However the whole start of 2009 has been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!
It is boiling hot here and I wish I had some relief from the stupid heat!
Ah well, only a few more days then I can go to Amy's for a sleepover, hurray! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited, it will be heaps of fun (I hope!)
Anyways, I have to go....I love you all and hope you had just as fun a New Year's eve as I did!
Oh by the way I've used the word so much in this post that I believe that 2009 will be: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
TTYL,
Jess (signing off for the first time in 2009!)
P.S: By the way, the date for this post is wrong it's not the 31st of December, it's the 1st of January as I certainly know!

No comments: