Saturday, January 31, 2009

Long Time, no posting!

Hey there everyone!
WOW!!!!!! I haven't posted in......*counts on fingers*......four whole days!!!!! Sorry about that guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway....I think I'm finally settling into grade 9, everything has just been so hectic that I haven't gotten a chance to post!!!!
Anyway this week was pretty average but I am now exhausted.....school takes a lot out of you!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway school was average.......the hard work is definitely going to start next week! I already have a music assignment and Drama is already starting to be hard work!!! In SOSE we are hoping to have a Medieval Banquet because we are learning about the Middle Ages, that should be fun!!!! YAY!!!!
So yesterday was the school swimming carnival and I had to swim with the grade tens because I am the year older.
So.........Here are the results, drum roll please!
25m Freestyle: 1st place
25m Breaststroke: 1st place
How cool is that?????????????????????????? I really wasn't expecting it!!!!!! And then at the end of my Breaststroke race one of the P.E teachers came up to me....the conversation went like this:
P.E teacher: 'Have you done any swimming training before?'
Me (puzzled): 'No, not at all.'
P.E teacher: 'Is that the fastest you can go or were you just cruising?'
Me (sheepish): 'It depends.'
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone noticed my swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND.......Drum roll again please!!!!!
I GOT INTO DISTRICTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Usually you can only get into districts if you do the 50m races but they must have been impressed with my times.....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, as you can see, I am very very excited.....So excited that this morning, after the gym, Mum took me to Zest and I practised my swimming, best times:
Freestyle (25m): 22 seconds
Breaststroke (25m): 33 seconds
YAY!!!!!!!!! I have a long way to go so I need to get in some more practise, I tried to do the 50m but my muscles were still aching from yesterday so I just did the 25's.
While I was at the pool I saw Ms Bowie.......my Care teacher!!!!!! She was in her swimmers and was about to do some laps in the lane next to us......That made me feel really uncomfortable!!!!!!!
Anyway, I promise I won't leave you guys without news for quite so long next time....my friends were hassling me to post again (thanks Tristan!)
I am so far having a really good time in year 9!!!! So.....
TTYL,
Jess :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its all good haslings me job if you need a personal hasler Ill do it for two dollars a day

hehe tw

Anonymous said...

Yo I is easily amused look a bird sorry but it was awesome dont you want to for once in your life grab a hammer and rip giant holes in the walls of your fathers house it is sssoooo fun.

TW