Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Beware!!!

Hey there faithful blog followers,
Just a short post today because I am feeling pretty wretched! There is some flu thing going around and I have caught it!!! Along with three of my friends!!
Last night was horrible, I kept waking up and my head hurt and I was shivery and sweaty at the same time. Then I woke up this morning at 5:30 and came downstairs to watch Spicks and Specks. When Mum came down at 6:00 she was horrified but how hot I was. She got the thermometer and checked my temperature....Well a normal temperature is about 36 and mine was 38.60.....Not good!!! I had a massive headache, I felt like I was going to faint and throw up....It's not very nice. Beware of the flu!!!
So I had a really relaxing day, just lazing on the couch, watching TV, talking to friends, surfing the web. And for an hour this afternoon I read 'Mao's Last Dancer' a true story that I highly recommend to everyone!! It is an amazing story and I got my copy signed at the Brisbane Writer's Festival earlier this year!! I can hardly believe I met such a brave man!!!
Anyway, I had panadol today to lower my temperature and I rechecked my temperature at 2:30 and it was 36!!! Hooray!!! Back to normal!!!
Unfortunately Mum was at work today so I didn't have my Mum when I was feeling rotten. She said that my brother had to take care of me (Nurse Nick she called him) but he only got up at 11:30 and only ate breakfast at 12:00 and then disappeared for the rest of the day so I had to fend for myself....Stupid brother!!!!
Well, I didn't get a chance to write more of my story today...I could barely think straight let alone write a story!!!
If I am feeling ok tomorrow Mum and I are going shopping for Christmas presents (we've left it late this year!!!) And then in the afternoon we have to go to Nick's violin lesson. That means that Mum and I get to take care of the cutest little boy who is the son of Nick's violin teacher. He is adorable and said my name last time we went!!!!
Then on Thursday afternoon Mum and I are going to visit Gail (Mum's friend from High School) she has three children who are my godsiblings. There is Chloe, Ally and Lachlan. They are the cutest kids ever!!!!
So my next few days are pretty full, but I'll keep you guys posted on everything that happens.
Wow! This short post has turned into a long one!!!
TTYL,
Jess

No comments: