Saturday, December 27, 2008

Santa Claus Has Come To Town!

Hi there faithful blog followers!
Well I haven't written for ages! It's been a great last four days, Christmas has been come and gone! We now have to wait a whole another year to spend time with our families and.....who could forget? PRESENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know about you guys but I had a brilliant Christmas! I spent it with my grandparents up in Bundaberg. We were there with my parents, brother and uncle.
It was a small group compared to last year, when we had about 24 people at each meal (all family!)
We left home at 3:30pm on Christmas Eve and arrived at my grandparents' house at approximately 8:30pm that night. So nothing much happened that night except we settled in. We also found out that the Christmas Day church service started at 7:30am! Well after that startling news we decided to hit the sack, we needed all the sleep we could get!
I got the best room which was Grandma's study while Nick was stuck in with my uncle in the front bedroom where the traffic woke you promptly each morning at 3:30am. Ha! Sucked in brother!
Well the next day was CHRISTMAS DAY of course! I woke up early and found my Christmas stocking hanging on my cupboard door. It was absolutely full! Brilliant! Although I don't believe in Santa Claus and have told my parents so, they still fill my stocking as though Santa Claus has actually come, they are great parents that way!
I opened my stocking and found a beautiful white leather handbag, a 2009 Horse calender (I love horses) and a bar of dream chocolate!
Then it was time to get dressed in my Christmas dress and have a rushed breakfast before departing to church.
It was a horrible service, full of racist and sexist remarks, however that is what you get for having my grandfather as the pastor.
It was an agonizing two hours but I am used to it. Joy!
Though when we got home everything certainly brightened up! All of us worked together and fixed a delcious brunch (chicken, lollies, chocolate, biscuits, dip etc. etc.)
Once we had eaten that out on the patio near the Christmas Tree we got to the real business of the morning, opening presents! I got to be Santa and hand out the presents!
I got:
A hairclip and some cocount ice (Grandma and Grandpa)
A book and a Jay Jays gift card (Uncle Trevor)
A Paramore cd (Nick)
A Simpsons dvd (Mum & Dad)
A Princess Diaries book (Mum & Dad)
A MOBILE PHONE (Mum & Dad)
I got the best mobile phone in the world!!!!!! Well to me anyway, it is a red Motorola RAZR V3i, look it up on google images if you want to know what it looks like!
Anyways, then in the afternoon everyone had naps except for me (even the dog was asleep!) I mostly wrote my story, played with my mobile phone and made a video so I can show all my friends what the house looks like.
Finally everyone woke up and Dad, Mum, Nick, Uncle Trevor and I went to the beach, it was awesome! The water was absolutely beautiful! The beach was almost deserted when we got in but by the time we got out it was packed!!! Though still gorgeous! We went to the Innes Park beach if anyone wants to know.
Then we had Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings and that was really nice.
So, on to Boxing Day which happens to be my Grandad's birthday.....We had breakfast and then Uncle Trevor and I went to the Boxing Day sales so he could get some shirts that were on sale.
However all the shops were closed! Pretty weird considering that the catalogues for those stores had advertised BOXING DAY SALES!!!!!!!! So we just went to Maccas and then went home.
The day was pretty fun and we went to the beach yet again which was awesome!!!!
That night we went to Sizzler's to celebrate Grandad's birthday and that was really really fun! The outfit I wore was:
Three quarter black tailored pants
A black high necked top with white trim
And
Black high heels
I think that this outfit would make awesome date outfit if it were a night-time date....
Anyways the next day (aka today) we ate an early breakfast and came home....
I am absolutely exhausted!!! I think I need a massive sleep before New Year's Eve... I am excited already about 2009, I think it holds promise!
Anyways, hope you guys had just as fun a Christmas as I did!
TTYL,
Jess
P.S: I know the date above this blog says that it is the 26th of December but it is really the 27th! It just says that because the time is really really stuffed up!

No comments: