Sunday, December 21, 2008

Girl Power!!!

Hi there everyone,
Well I am in a very different mood at the moment. It's rather a sad mood, because I have been hurt by one of my friends. It shouldn't be this way so close to Christmas but I guess that's the way life goes.
I don't want to write much of my day-to-day life at the moment but rather I want to write about something that I feel is very important, plus my day-to-day life is rather boring at the moment.
You are probably all wondering what I want to write about, well it is something I feel very strongly about at the moment....Girl Power. I want to talk about making sure that us girls aren't taken for granted by guys...and not just boyfriends either. Any guys out there, Dads, Grandads, friends, cousins, uncles. Anyone.
All this stems from something going on in my life at the moment. This friend problem, the friend who hurt me is a boy. Me and another friend (a girl) are working together to put up a united front to this friend and tell him that we won't be pushed around and taken for granted.
This boy called me a teachers pet. Now that doesn't sound like a big thing but to me it is as bad as being called any other name. To me a teachers pet represents everything I don't want to be. A suck-up, a lazy little insincere idiot.
I told this boy to stop calling me that but he just continued to mock me over and over again even when I shouted at him to stop it and told him that I would block him (this was on Facebook) or kill him m(that's how mad I was)
He mocked me more not taking me seriously at all. So I blocked him and sent him an email explaining how hurt I was and that I would only consider becoming his friend again if he apologised sincerely.
Well he sent me back a very insincere email where he said that he knew now that I was not a friend to be mocked. Well that really annoyed me because he should know that I can take a joke very well even if it's against myself but that when I say stop I mean stop. So I sent him back an email saying that I wouldn't accept that apology and that he shouldn't take me for granted etc. etc. Also my other friend said that the boy had been taking out his anger on her so I told him (by email) that we wouldn't be taken for granted and that if he continued to take out his anger on a girl who had only ever offered us both support than he stood to lose her too!
So girls stand up and let people know that you won't be taken for granted!!! That you deserve a good guy (whether it be a boyfriend or a friend) and that you are intelligent, gorgeous and don't deserve to be pushed around! Stand up and let your voice be heard, don't sit back and let guys push you around!!! We deserve just as much respect as they do and if a guy is ignoring you and your wishes completely than it isn't worth it!!! Tell them what you think of them and then give them ONE chance to apologise and fix their ways and if they don't then boot them out the door!!
They certainly don't deserve you if they don't listen to you and support you!
Also, don't help them fix their problems unless they help you fix yours too. It has to be a two-way deal not just a thing for their convinence. You're not their mother!!!!
Anyway, just remember too little words:
GIRL POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TTYL,
Jess (confused)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you okay Jess? Don't die Jess....it is nearly x-mas, it is.

Anonymous said...

hey jess
you are soo right
when we get back to school, who ever mess's with us (girl or boy) we are goin to give them a peice of our minds
WE DO NOT DESERVE TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED BY ANYONE!!!
oh and good blog! i dont know what we are goin to do about him (i mean im his ex and i can just get over him) but you cant (or u can ) but its up to you
whatever u decide to do ill be there for you!!
love, your lil sis
kat

Hes-all-mine said...

Jess,

I have never seen you get so annoyed before. That was a very heart felt blog from a very hurt girl. You call me anytime you want to talk. I also agree with Kitty, we WON'T be pushed around by guys who take us for granted. It's our time to FIGHT BACK!

Mum says anytime you want to come over is cool, just give me bell before hand.

Luving you always Jess,
Amy

Anonymous said...

:O Nearly a month later...Is this person who I think it is, because if it is he needs his nose bashed in...And that's just putting it politely...I feel very sorry for not having known about this blog sooner. :O Men.